…and by house, I mean condo. After months of searching and several failed attempts at other offers, I was finally successful. I closed over the weekend, and I am now officially a homeowner!
It’s not much to look at now, so no pictures yet. But here are the vital stats:
- One bedroom in the heart of Dupont Circle
- 24 hour door person. No more packages being sent to the mailroom at work.
- A block from the metro and a 15 minute walk to work (oh, and basically a 15 minute walk to everywhere else!)
- Older kitchen, but it has brand new appliances, including a gas stove. I have been waiting years for a gas stove again!
- Five, yes that’s right, FIVE closets.
Oh, and did I mention, there’s a pool on the roof?? See for yourself…
I’m in heaven!
I’m starting minor renovations this week to get the place in tip-top shape before I move in. More to come on that in the next few weeks.
Get ready for the Discountess to kick it into high gear this fall. Homeownership and renovations aren’t cheap! Still, I’m very excited, so I’m going to focus on that for the time being. Wahoo!